Blood Bowl the board game

Anything video or board game related, tips & tricks, reviews and hints.
minamoto

Re: Blood Bowl the board game

Post by minamoto » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:58 am

... Less whining, more painting!
XD

Else the pile-o-model wont shrink.
By looking at the pictures it looks like, especially the skaven, the poses and minis are pretty much all the same in shape and positioning. That can be a bit tideous.

On the plus side it's a overseeable amount for each team, so you can paint different styles for each of them. That's a big problem for me when doing several units for an army that look all the same. I need that change.

Else :thumbsup:

Love the Gobbos! They look great with that blueish armour. Orks need to be red - cuz red uns go fasta... :shifty:
>> Text goes 'ere <<

OldschoolgameroO

Post by OldschoolgameroO » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:20 pm

minamoto wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:58 am

Else the pile-o-model wont shrink.
By looking at the pictures it looks like, especially the skaven, the poses and minis are pretty much all the same in shape and positioning. That can be a bit tideous.
Not horribly bad but yeah to a point. Each box has 2 identical sprues so if you get 2 boxes to have a full set of positional sand spare linemen, that’s 4 minis in the same exact pose. And the dwarves are worse then the Skaven in my opinion.
On the plus side it's a overseeable amount for each team, so you can paint different styles for each of them. That's a big problem for me when doing several units for an army that look all the same. I need that change.

Else :thumbsup:

Love the Gobbos! They look great with that blueish armour. Orks need to be red - cuz red uns go fasta... :shifty:
Yeah the plane is trying to get a team knock out every 2-3 weeks weather permitting because my old workroom is now my brothers bedroom (long story) and he has to have my portable heater to make it habitable. So on cold days just to miserable to paint.

The Orcs are going to be blue/white as well so I can interchange Gobbo and a troll between the teams. The Skaven will be black/purple/brass, humans red/yellow/with accent purple, and dwarves will be white and gold with some red accents (gems and socks)
Phill wrote:Can't a guy admire another guys tentacles?

JESUS people!

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:35 pm

Ohhh the Dwarfs sound posh!

:nono: :nono: red orks - need to do tattos or blood spatters, markings in red then... :skull:

Working space are a pain in the :bum: unless you are rich and have proper spare rooms, I do airbrushing in the kitchen (sometimes out on warm summer days) but getting all set-up and tidied up each time is annoying and then cleaning all thoroughly :finger:
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Martijn

Post by Martijn » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:50 am

minamoto wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:35 pm
:nono: :nono: red orks - need to do tattos or blood spatters, markings in red then... :skull:
Silly boy. Blue is the only appropriate colour for Goblinoid fashion and it is even a scientific fact:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cobalt#Etymology

Old Tony here is wise beyond his years and super tasteful and stuff. :skull:
Phill wrote:Every time we chat, you eat. Every time it is f***ing gouda.
Tapeworm wrote:A todger? :shifty: What's that?

OldschoolgameroO

Post by OldschoolgameroO » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:24 pm

Long overdue update. First of all places 3rd overall in my league. The guy who won exploited some of the new sponsor rules so that has been nerfed for next season. He was also my opponent to make it into the finals.

He had a full team including a rostered star player that he was able to keep up with the 5 sponsors he had going.

Next year I’m thinking about hitting up the college league instead to skill up a new team which brings me to this post. Going back to my roots lads:

All that is just roughed in. Need to fill a lot of gaps, add some bits, and sculpt some (including turning the beastmen into pestogors)

C&C welcome

JESUS people!

Dai

Post by Dai » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:43 pm

I like where this is going mate :thumbsup:
Arse! Feck! Drink! Girls!

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:56 am

I recognize some of the pieces parts. At first I thought that was a stock kit. Well done Sir!

It’s great to have you back on site. It’s been a while. :thumbsup:

OldschoolgameroO

Post by OldschoolgameroO » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Yeah the new job keeps me hopping.

So yeah I got the chaos team kit so that’s where the future pestigors are from, the warriors are from the Blight Kings kit then I got a Zombie kit for hand swaps.

I was thinking on what to do for the ritters and seen the zombie bodies and the plethora of heads the blight kings box gives you so I decided what the heck. I have a lot of GS info to do around and at the rear of most of the heads but I think they came out really well on the rough in.

I’m particularly fond of the classic nurgle head and plumed helmet one which I can’t decide is more Monty Python or Labrynth goblin looking.

JESUS people!

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:05 pm

Labyrinth. It’s a better movie. :thumbsup:

Stelio

Post by Stelio » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:13 pm

I love those assemblies! They look really cool. You're giving me an itch to start a Blood Bowl team myself!

But being a follower of Nurgle, getting a new itch is no surprise. I'll hold back from scratching for now and instead enjoy the spectacle as you show us more of your delightful team.