'ze Real Life Thingy

This is the place where hoodlums such as Cassarus and Snolb can frolic to their heart's content.
minamoto

'ze Real Life Thingy

Post by minamoto » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:18 pm

Hi there,

since we used to have one of these threads, collecting all sorts of things that were happening in real life, I thought it would be good to continue this tradition. Also to announce some more general things and all wierd stuff we encounter every day XD

... keeping up with the Kardashians will be smashed so hard - did anybody ever watch that TV-show?

...Let's start...
I got a new occupation, starting in July. Therefore I have to move 400km from one side of the country to the other. Leaving the Blackforest for Oberfranken (north of Bavaria) - this is the area with the most breweries in Germany. Funny/Sad is that the storms in the last couple of days flooded that area, we are going to move to :eeek: - mental note: "need rubber-boots"

Just for an informative matter I wanted to tell you, that I won't be having internet-access for a couple of days / weeks. Did not work that out entirely. So if there are any urgent matters let me know by time, I have two weeks off end of June, so I might get things done. I will try to figure out and get that chat-box working for the board. Also that the big hairy vikings with their wooden internet get access to our domain and can raid this place verbally.

I will miss this place not for the hot and humid weather, but the view from our flat over the Rhine is superb and you can watch lightnings all over the area during storms... that was an amazing stroboscope-show yesterday night XD

Cheers
your friendly Djerman :seppel:
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Dai

Re: 'ze Real Life Thingy

Post by Dai » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:01 am

Good luck both with the new job and the new home mate! Hope it goes smoother than you anticipate!
Arse! Feck! Drink! Girls!

Phill

Post by Phill » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:02 pm

MOTO!! That is super exciting sir!

I wish you both a safe trip and a wondrous start to a fantastic new adventure :luv:
One rule to rule them all:

Don't be a dick.

Martijn

Post by Martijn » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:09 pm

Enjoy Oberfranken, Herr und Fraulein Mina! :thumbsup:
All I can remember of that region is the Vierzehnheiligen church and copious amounts of beer... let's just say that you should NOT combine those two things on one trip. :nono:
Phill wrote:Every time we chat, you eat. Every time it is f***ing gouda.
Tapeworm wrote:A todger? :shifty: What's that?

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Thank you guys!

Well moving is just lots of work, I think it will take a couple of weeks until everything is settled and smoothed out :) Living without a kitchen for one montch... 'ello Mr. Döner-Pizza-Burger-KFC ... my poor heart and liver...

Damn, Squiggy get yourself a partner and stop eating German maps... how do you always know thoses places? I 've never heard about them before. Vierzehnheiligen is about 20 km away. Beyreuth is also in the neighbourhood. Wanna come and have a Richard Wagner weekend with us?
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Martijn

Post by Martijn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:30 pm

Richard Wagner weekend? Erm... Can we skip the wagner and focus our attention on the döner instead? :rasp:

I know of all these places because Germany is, from a foreigner's perspective, a cool holiday destination. And Obenfranken is hard to miss en route to Merry Old Prague anyway. :thumbsup:

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:09 pm

Moving can be miserable so I hope yours is smooth as possible. Are you looking forward to the new job? Maybe there is a decent Biergarten not too far from the new place so you won’t get too thirsty and hungry. Good luck with the move and new job! :thumbsup:

OldschoolgameroO

Post by OldschoolgameroO » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:20 pm

Gratz in the Job Mina!
Phill wrote:Can't a guy admire another guys tentacles?

JESUS people!

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:19 pm

TADA!
Internet! I am alive again :cool: :agree:

Thanks for all the greets and grats :luv:

Moving completed - check
New colleauges are awesome
New Job so far is not much of a new thing - except for all this company things happeing. Know the Movie Asterix conqueres rome? it is like that in the bureau xD
You need to sign every tiny little thing you want to have or to do.

Biergarten around - quarter Check!
Brewery, in view range XD

After a month being "single" elisabeth moved in, yesterday, so now we can start over and get back to a "normal" live habitus.

Cheers
Daniel
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Martijn

Post by Martijn » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:14 am

A (very) local brewery and Biergarten sound good. Here's hoping that your Schwarzwälder commanding officer won't be suffering from too much Heimweh, but she's probably be far too drunk to notice that she's not in Offenburg anymore. :rasp:

Have you been to Vierzehnheiligen yet? It's very.... classy. :eeew: XD