The Phlegminites

Making something fun? Pics or it never happened.
Stelio

Re: The Phlegminites

Post by Stelio » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:39 pm

XD DOOMED!

Dai

Post by Dai » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:54 pm

Eh, you have no deadlines, no army lists to have to paint for - just your own spare time to use as you see fit. Enjoy it Phill mate, as and how you wish.

Looking forward to seeing these new things worked on. :)
Arse! Feck! Drink! Girls!

Phill

Post by Phill » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:13 pm

So I actually got some time this evening to do some work and came up with this:

So, as well as cleaning up and building these lovelies I have also cleaned up and built the jet packs for my two assault units and pinned them ready to go on tomorrow, the 21 plague marines are now all built, based and sprayed grey so ready to paint and I have a plague hulk arriving in the mail.

o_0
One rule to rule them all:

Don't be a dick.

Dai

Post by Dai » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:25 am

😄😄😄
Down the rabbit hole we go, with Phill!

Phill

Post by Phill » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:38 pm

Soooo, I have actually been busy!

First up, the GUO is built and the big gaps filled, all I need to do once the green stuff is dry is go over bits with the liquid green stuff and it is ready to prime....oh and base. I don't have a base big enough so I need to find one o_0

The Dreadnought is done bar a little bit more work on the impossible bloody claw hand....not helped by some shitty casting on the arm joint making it very weak. Still, a bit more and I can prime it....oh...and again I need a base o_0

To prove I have done some work, plague marines all built, based and primed:

Some plague marines base coated and the trail marine built and ready to be finished up:

Lastly all my assault marines built and base coated:

I probably need havocs at some point so I have some 90's PM's left over....I like the idea of heavy bolters they always seem to fit the theme so I will, at some point, make a unit of seven with four heavy bolters.

I have also been thinking about tank chassis, I have a couple of the FW malcador style tanks somewhere but I am wondering about which rhino to use, the RT era one or the new ones. I am leaning to the new....any opinions?

Don't be a dick.

Dai

Post by Dai » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:51 am

Wow mate, so much cool stuff!

Love the trial scheme. Messy and appropriate.

The Dread - I had one from China and mine was a pig to assemble too. Good luck, I just went with superglue, painted it and then never touched it again. (Now sold)

AS to the rhinos - newer are a little larger and so I feel better fit as transports for Space marine armoured soldiers.

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:55 am

Ummm . . . XD see the post above from me. :bum:

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:19 pm

First:
XD XD XD

Second:
:pippip:

Third: YEAH! Phill does cool stuff again :luv:
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Stelio

Post by Stelio » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Phill wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:13 pm
...and I have a plague hulk arriving in the mail.
The Plague Hulk is a bastard to put together. The legs are a standard plastic Defiler base, with a resin body sitting on top. But it turns out that resin shrinks more than plastic following casting, so it's impossible to get a good fit between the top and bottom without hacking it about. And if you don't get a good fit, then the legs won't sit properly in their joints.

I believe that the best approach is to saw the plastic undercarriage into six pieces and take off a little length in the plastic in this way. This allows you to get a good fit at each of the six leg joints. Then the joins from the saw cuts will be mostly hidden by being underneath the model, and also get partially covered up by the Plague Hulk's undercarriage exhaust (a little extra scuzz in the form of green stuff moulding or Typhus Corrosion or the like will also cover it up).

Apparently this mismatch between plastic and resin components is no longer a problem with Forge World's more recent mixed-medium sculpts (like the Chaos Knight). I remain somewhat wary,

Phill

Post by Phill » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:24 pm

Thanks for the heads up Stelio! It arrived in the post....with damage that wasn't mentioned.... :grumble:

I will keep it in mind :)

The rest of you...thanks :eeek:

Don't be a dick.