Terrain Prodjects

Making something fun? Pics or it never happened.
minamoto

Re: Terrain Prodjects

Post by minamoto » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:26 pm

WIN!
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Dai

Post by Dai » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:36 pm

O Heck yes - nice to see hazard style stripes but with red, is a nice change! :thumbsup:
Arse! Feck! Drink! Girls!

Phill

Post by Phill » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:38 pm

Yep, the red and yellow kicks ass. Love it sir :)
One rule to rule them all:

Don't be a dick.

OldschoolgameroO

Post by OldschoolgameroO » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Ok so it seems you all approve. Next question, it was brought up I should continue the pattern down the larger flat areas. I kinda like it just on top, maybe on the lips and I was going to do the 'feet' yellow as a caution 'watch your step' type thing
Phill wrote:Can't a guy admire another guys tentacles?

JESUS people!

Dai

Post by Dai » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:20 am

Yes just on the tops and as an accent for warnings like you've described. Otherwise it would be overkill I think.
Arse! Feck! Drink! Girls!

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:44 am

I like it and don't like it. Usually in an industrial setting, there will be a main color, accent color(sometimes) like Shell oil company painting the main structures with silver and all of the handrails yellow. Of course most handrails were either painted yellow or gray irregardless of the company. There is a lot of color coding of the piping and valves, i.e. Blue for water or utility air, red for the fire suppression system, green for nitrogen lines, black for steam, and so on. But most of these systems are small bore piping, it would be rare to see some of the colors (outside of the fire and steam systems) on the larger piping.

The red and yellow is beautifully done, but in that kind of setting, it would normally be hazard yellow and black striping. ;)

OldschoolgameroO

Post by OldschoolgameroO » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:26 pm

Tapeworm wrote:I like it and don't like it. Usually in an industrial setting, there will be a main color, accent color(sometimes) like Shell oil company painting the main structures with silver and all of the handrails yellow. Of course most handrails were either painted yellow or gray irregardless of the company. There is a lot of color coding of the piping and valves, i.e. Blue for water or utility air, red for the fire suppression system, green for nitrogen lines, black for steam, and so on. But most of these systems are small bore piping, it would be rare to see some of the colors (outside of the fire and steam systems) on the larger piping.

The red and yellow is beautifully done, but in that kind of setting, it would normally be hazard yellow and black striping. ;)
The piping I do plan on accenting a bit. I was more concerned with the hazard striping. I know it's typically black and yellow but took inspiration from a plastics plant I worked at that did it in red and yellow because some of our material lines were black (due to the insulation we had to use to keep the heat in to keep the material dry) and the wanted to differentiate somewhat.

Oddly enough our fire suppression system was only coded on the sprinklers, but yes they were red as well.
Phill wrote:Can't a guy admire another guys tentacles?

JESUS people!