Dai's many stuffs

Making something fun? Pics or it never happened.
Phill

Re: Dai's many stuffs

Post by Phill » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:33 pm

Yummy yummy yummy in my tummy tummy tummy.

:luv:

:smug:
One rule to rule them all:

Don't be a dick.

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:32 am

I wish I could see a close up of the Reaver’s helmet. The tribal look on his left shoulder and helmet looks very cool! :thumbsup:

Dai

Post by Dai » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:25 pm

Tapeworm wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:32 am
I wish I could see a close up of the Reaver’s helmet. The tribal look on his left shoulder and helmet looks very cool! :thumbsup:
Not sure how I missed this request Tapey mate, apologies. I'll see what I can do about getting a closeup done for ya. :thumbsup:

Been a while since I've shown any stuff I've since been working on, so here's some pics to make you wet. And slimey. :shifty:

With my Winter Soviet army for Bolt Action done (for now), I finally got a start on their opponents, some frosty Late War Germans and some more snowy terrain for them to fight around.

Officer and Adjutant

Ruined workshop

(I also did some DnD Giant Spiders to paint something not primarily green, grey or brown for once.)

Made a bunch of snowy Deciduous Trees.

Finished the Snowy Ruined farmhouse

Once again to relieve the palette a bit, painted up a contemporary dumpster for my modern day Zombies project

Got the first 5 of my SS-Vets painted and managed to overcome my fear of painting camo,

Got a wee Cabin pianted and dressed up in snow

And finished the last two SS-Vets up for my full squad of 7

And just for shits and giggles, here they are in a nice scenic pose ready to try to keep the Commies out of the Fatherland.

A mate at work gifted my the WH40K 8th edition rulebook, and another got me all excited about the new Nurgle Daemons army list. So expect some old models being painted up this year to go with my previously shown Micheelson GUO.
Arse! Feck! Drink! Girls!

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:07 am

I think everything looks really good except for the officer. His long red sideburns are a bit weird. o_0

Dai

Post by Dai » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:54 am

Tapeworm wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:07 am
I think everything looks really good except for the officer. His long red sideburns are a bit weird. o_0
XD XD XD

Thats a scarf you numpty!

Cassarus

Post by Cassarus » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:15 pm

Oh, lots of cool stuff Dai!
Something something, phill is a silly duckling

Phill

Post by Phill » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:15 pm

Dai, dear sir, you are getting veeeeery good at this you know!

They all look super sexy, I adore everything you have done here :luv:

Don't be a dick.

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:08 pm

Dai wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:54 am
Tapeworm wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:07 am
XD XD XD

Thats a scarf you numpty!
I'd say that this particular sculpt is inspired by the 1993 film "Stalingrad".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108211/?ref_=ttmi_tt
As the mini is not wearing glasses it could be inspired by General Paulus of the movie, but I rather see it as the cheekish a-hole Officer who wears similar clothes at the end of the movie: http://www.imfdb.org/images/e/e9/Stalingrad030.jpg

If you did not watch the movie it is definately a recommendation, if you are open for that genre of anti-war-movies.
It is like one of Kubrick's films: the mood is so desolate and scary. Some very good German actors also play the main characters, you may know Thomas Kretschmann, he played some international low-budget movies - rather disapointing.

The best scene for me is when the soldiers leave Italy after victoriously fighting in Africa and enter Stalingrad, until that point the movie was full of colour and "joy", the moment after it's all grey in grey and depressing - that's the first 20 minutes.

One Stalingrad veteran also supported production, he was a tanker and was sent to "free" the army encircled in the city. The next day they reached the outskirts of Stalingrad, they had to retreat- you probably know the background. It also has another background for me persoanly as my grand-granddad was fighting at the eastern front in a hospital and Elisabeths granddad also fought in russia. Both broke from the front and fought all their way back to Germany. Sadly we could not ask them if the eventualy met, as the stories are so similiar.

The movie itself might be a great source of inspiration, for such a winter-themed German army.

Ohh and Dai, your stuff looks awesome!
My personal favorite is the snow covered roof :) it looks like the slightly melted snow is about to come down, looks real!
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Dai

Post by Dai » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:41 pm

@Mina - Have heard of that film but been dragging my feet on actually sourcing it out to watch. Thanks though!

@ Cass and Phill - thanks to you my lovelies! :luv:

1st Nurgle model touched in a bit....

Plan to scratch build a 2nd Beast using air-dry clay and all the left over bits from the kit. Wish me luck...

Phill

Post by Phill » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:57 pm

GOOD LUCK!!!

Don't be a dick.