Motos Random Games Workshop (WIP)

Making something fun? Pics or it never happened.
Tapeworm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Motos Random Games Workshop (WIP)

Post by Tapeworm » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:06 pm

Lovely! :luv: I like them sans the graffiti myself. The skull and symbol are too much of a contrast between the smooth blending done on the rest of the wing. I’m interested to see how you handle the raised ridges. Are you planning on using the armor colors or something else

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:59 pm

Phill... :smug: :luv: :luv: :cool:

Tape, err what, use colours of ... armour... You mean an ingenous and smart colour-palette that incorporates with each colour XD XD
No such clever thing with me... it's just what I like and think looks good. I have that general Idea in my head, will try to make it work out.

Regarding the wings I am with you, adding further tattos or insignia on the wings will ruin them, and like stelio mentioned they frame the model pretty well.

See for yourself if you like my appraoch:
His armour needed to be a off-white, he's oldschool, played around with some chipping medium, that worked out okay. After that I added some minor scratches and details by brush...

Morti sans Cloak

...with his cloak painted - love the colour.
Might not be everybody's taste of a DG / Nurgle re-incarnation. But it uses the colours GW did for their Forgeworld model and I use it on both variants, so that does incorporate. On the right you see where I started adding detail and highlights to make the cloak look worn and old. Later I'll add streaking and grime and some rust dripping from the chainmail he wears beneath.

30K Morti - similar approach. (his shoulderguards that are tappered in cloth, also incorporate the aquamarine colour.

That's the main parts of airbrushing done, now onto the hones brush work.
Not sure how I'am going to incorporate the wings with the main body, at first it seemed they come out just below the cloak, like ones arms from under a shirt or such... but there is quite a portion of fleshy bits on-top. No sure if I do it the same brown or blend in the pale skin-tone I plan for his face.

The rest of the model is pretty straight forward.

...will not use the word "incorporate" any more in this post...

Cheers, C&C highly appreciated :luv:
moto
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Phill
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Phill » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:19 pm

:luv:

I adore you and everything about you.
One rule to rule them all:

Don't be a dick.

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:53 pm

Do you prefer the chipping medium to the salt/hairspray method?

They look fantastic! The only thing that I noticed was scratch in his left greave that skips over the trim and continues. I’m sure you’ll address it when you paint the trim but that really stood out to me on an otherwise excellent model.

OldschoolgameroO

Post by OldschoolgameroO » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:08 pm

Bloody hell those are going to look cool! Question, why did you chip the loincloths. Or was that avoidance hitting with the airbrush. The lines seem a bit hard hor that though
Phill wrote:Can't a guy admire another guys tentacles?

JESUS people!

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:33 am

Phill, you are pure love, sex and food-Pr0n :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

Tapster,
Wow! Good eyes, I looked three times on the pictures not finding the scratch you meant, while paintnig I discovered it XD
yeah need to do an continous scratch over the trim aswell, but if you wouldn't have mentioned it I would have overlooked it XD :luv:

Never did hairspray-technique. First time I used chipping medium, it was the valjeo one, I totally failed. But I did it wrong. the colour did not chip and I just scrubbed down any colour down to plastic :(
Now I used the AK Heavy chipping medium and did things differently.

I did varnish the below layer (let dry for about 24h), applied 2-3 layers of chipping medium (like adviced), let it set for about an hour. After that applied my main-colour, tried to do it "dry" so that the medium does not start to react, let set and dry.

After that attack the thing with water, toothbrush and a brush.

Also be gentle, with the heavy medium you'll scrub off larger chunks. the main colour will shrinkle and the chunks ripped off are getting rubbery and clogg on your modell. Although I did not notice, the shrinkled surface also create little chips, which is rather cool :)

Let it then all dry and look for chunks of colour you shrubbed of, you won't them dryed on your mini.

I still need to refine that process, but learned alot.
In future I think I apply 2 layers of varnish, add 3+ layers of chipping medium, do not use the toothbrush unless you want huge chips.

On Morti it looks good, I added manually a few chips and scratches, so you have more control and can apply them to areas you missed or want to revisit again.

OSG, I did not chip the cloth, that's due to the above process XD
I already painted them in a deep red from purple to red to boneish highlights. I'll post a pic or two soon, want to add the trim-colour next so we get a better feel for them both.

Thanks for the kind words and comments :)
Cheers
>> Text goes 'ere <<

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:22 am

Litte update on the state of 30 Morti and Thypus. Decided to do them separeate from demon Morti, to be more efficent and don't stall from dooing to much at once ;)

Laid down the brassen trim, which apparently is a lot on Morti... less on Callas.

Bases are done, bar pigments, and maybe a few dots of wash to strengthen contrast here and there - noting fancy, several layers of grey with blue wash to create an concrete effect paired with steel trim and brass tubes.

Nothing Fancy, try to get more done over the weekend.

Kisses
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Phill

Post by Phill » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:53 pm

Lovely sir ;luv:
One rule to rule them all:

Don't be a dick.

Dai

Post by Dai » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:35 pm

Coming along just fine. Those bases are tasty.
Arse! Feck! Drink! Girls!

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:56 am

They look great! :thumbsup:

(Except for the scratch on the greave . . . ) :shifty: