Motos Random Games Workshop (WIP)

Making something fun? Pics or it never happened.
minamoto

Re: Motos Random Games Workshop (WIP)

Post by minamoto » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:42 pm

Hey Stelio, do you kiss your mommy with that lips? :rasp: Now I see that as well - for the rest of my live :eeek:
Thank you ;)

Thanks Tape. Actually the colour palette is rather limited the bruised flesh was achived by using normal gw washes over rotting flesh and dry brushed with white. the rest was done in a similiar "washed" process using lots of watered down colours. So not only limited colours but also easy to achive.
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Stelio

Post by Stelio » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:59 pm

:luv: :rasp: XD

Phill

Post by Phill » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:59 pm

I adore that pussy mucus mess. Awesome stuff as ever <3
One rule to rule them all:

Don't be a dick.

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm

:eeew: That’s called the Clap over here Phill.

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:31 pm

Clap? ain't that ... well yeah... exactly what I expected, anyone who haven't yet, DO NOT, picture search :eeew:

Anyways continue spreading pestilence, farting, burping - simply sharing the love.

I decided to start Morti this weekend, just after I have done a couple of 15mm Tanks for my lil brother (did not take any pictures before sending those to him). My Table is not entirely freed of 15mm russians yet, but as the first stages will be completely airbrushing I will work on him only at the weekends. BTW it is two Mortarions plus Calas Typhon.

Sorry for the prequel - piccies will follow below.

The Plan:
I do not want my morti to be green like the studio theme or the rest of my Death Guard, I wanted him to be in his old fashioned colours so he will be - them will be - bone plus little green plates. As I paint both the Forgeworld 30K Mortarion and the Demon Primarch Mortarion at the same time this will be a fun project to experiment with colours and appearance.

Both get the same colour setting, bone white armour with (green/Jade/turquoise) cloaks and little purple as alterantive colour contrasting well with the other main colours. trim and decorations are going to be classical bronze.

I intend to use on both chipping medium to create a realistic effect, with 40k Morti going over the top in terms of chipping and weathering. Last time i screwed the chipping up, but I read a bit more and learned little more about how to properly use chipping medium.

So what I show off first are indead the part I had most thought over "on how to paint", lastly it was pretty easy to set then though.

The Wings, as you can see those will be brownish to black, so they contrast the armour well and anything green, but remain fleshy and stand back a bit from the rest of colours as the wings are huge they eat up a lot of the propotions.

Sorry for the bad picture quality, need to learn how to use my new sony smartphone - bye bye Nokia Lumia... :sad:

Played a bit with optional decoration on the wings, but I guess I'll skip that.

C&C as always welcome - stay tuned.
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Stelio

Post by Stelio » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:05 am

That's a tasty wing. I think it looks better without decoration: unadorned by unnecessary frippery. It also looks more organic that way, and will hopefully act as a background for the rest of the model rather than a distraction that draws the eye away.

OldschoolgameroO

Post by OldschoolgameroO » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:30 am

Wing looks great. The decoration looks way to clean and stenciled. Sterile if you will which we know that’s not what the big papa is about.

The rest of the wing look killer though
Phill wrote:Can't a guy admire another guys tentacles?

JESUS people!

Dai

Post by Dai » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:07 am

I like your plan for mortie. But OOG has a good point. He is old, so has more wisdom supposedly. Still waiting for confirmation tho :rasp:
Arse! Feck! Drink! Girls!

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:09 am

stelio wrote:That's a tasty wing. I think it looks better without decoration: unadorned by unnecessary frippery. It also looks more organic that way, and will hopefully act as a background for the rest of the model rather than a distraction that draws the eye away.
Grazie Mille.
Yeah pretty much what I thought, playing around with some moth-wing patterns seemed legit though, but I am not liking that much.
Using the wings as a frame sound more reasonable.
OldschoolgameroO wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:30 am
Wing looks great. The decoration looks way to clean and stenciled. Sterile if you will which we know that’s not what the big papa is about.

The rest of the wing look killer though
Thank you :) :luv:
Yeah Photoshop needs a nurgle-filter XD
If I do some decorations those are going to be very subtle, I gonna heed y'er words.
Dai wrote:I like your plan for mortie. But OOG has a good point. He is old, so has more wisdom supposedly. Still waiting for confirmation tho :rasp:
You wanted to say senile?

Hope to get more on the body done on the weekend so it hopefully gives a better view on the project.

Thanks for all of your replies - much appreciated.
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Phill

Post by Phill » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:44 pm

Sexy as hell sir, everyone else commented on what I would have said and I trust your colour palate way more than I trust mine ;)
One rule to rule them all:

Don't be a dick.