Motos Random Games Workshop (WIP)

Making something fun? Pics or it never happened.
minamoto

Motos Random Games Workshop (WIP)

Post by minamoto » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:08 pm

Hi guys,

primed some TAU infantry on Saturday, those sat ready for a couple of weeks on my shelf, after building them all, 70 miniatures in sum I wanted to quickly prime them to do the red airbrushing... I so failed! I did it so entirely wrong, completely dusted them and the surface appeared rough and rubbish. Don't know what went wrong, i never had any issues with the GW primers.

Anyways i totally bit my arse and washed-stripped them all sofar I could to remove the crappy priming. so much to a quick red priming on those :eeew:
In my language it's called "schnell und schlampig" -> quick and dirty

Just wanted to show you the beauty of 70 red Tau, that's quite a different "Red Horde".

Lots of painting going on in cassa dela moto.
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Phill
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Motos Random Games Workshop (WIP)

Post by Phill » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:04 pm

Holy battered cod sir. That is a lot Tau.... o_0

Sorry to hear about your primer issues, it sucks major ass when that happens :(

Great determination to fix though ;)
One rule to rule them all:

Don't be a dick.

Tapeworm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Tapeworm » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:19 am

Damn that's a lot of minis! And here I was proud of myself for working on ten Man-o-war shock troopers, a caster, and three jacks yesterday. It looks like I need to step up my game . . . :grumble:

Dai

Post by Dai » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:18 am

So much red..... and I'm happy getting a single mini painted in a week these days!
Arse! Feck! Drink! Girls!

OldschoolgameroO

Post by OldschoolgameroO » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:52 am

Wow, that's a lot of Tau. Never see them in red, will be interesting to see. Bummer about the priming issues.
Phill wrote:Can't a guy admire another guys tentacles?

JESUS people!

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:05 pm

Cry me some bitter tears, it's the fuel to my dark powers!

These are 3/10 of some Penal Legionaires by Vivtoria Minatures Australia. They offer some great alternative 28mm ranges (Mordians, Victorian tropicals, female Imperial Guard, etc.) and a superb quality.

You asked why I am painting "so much" recently... the simple answer is, I get up very early. the last two weeks it was everyday 5:30 am. Elisabeth starts working at 8:00 am and has to travel for 1:30 hours to Karlsruhe.
I, on the other hand start working at 9:00am and it's like 10 minutes for me to get to work. So I have a couple of hours, which I use for painting in the early morning.

Actually it's really pleasing to get something done so early.
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Dai

Post by Dai » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:02 am

Impressive mate. I think also you have re-found your love of painting so thats fuckin cool too.
Arse! Feck! Drink! Girls!

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:27 am

I wish I was that disciplined. I putter around the house most days getting not a damn thing accomplished. :(

OldschoolgameroO

Post by OldschoolgameroO » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:53 pm

M-f I get up at 5:30 every morning but that time is spent getting my kids and my fury kids ready for the day. On weekends I sleep in to 6-6:30 :grumble: then prompt spend several hours slacking because I'm old and I can.
Phill wrote:Can't a guy admire another guys tentacles?

JESUS people!

Phill

Post by Phill » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:31 pm

Moto painting makes my willy tingle in a really lovely warm fuzzy way

:luv:
One rule to rule them all:

Don't be a dick.