moto's flames of madness

Making something fun? Pics or it never happened.
OldschoolgameroO

Re: moto's flames of madness

Post by OldschoolgameroO » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:53 pm

Oh those look lovely, makes me want to play now :thumbsup:
Phill wrote:Can't a guy admire another guys tentacles?

JESUS people!

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:30 pm

Yep, I'm nuts. I chucked them into a hand drill and used a file to contour the barrels. It took a few weeks in front of the tv . . . Unfortunately I've moved and lost around 40 turrets. No clue as to what happened to them. :sad:

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:52 am

Mucho thank you guys.
yep these are the "newish" plastic ones. I got me the resin commander T-34... i know exactly what ou mean tapey, the barrels are okay, but the turrets seemed to be slid off while curing. so it has a slight offset to the left. but you barely notice from a top view on a table, so it's ... a minor issue.

You gotta also be careful with tthe 76/57mm barrels, the plastic also might snap quickly, else they lack a bit of individualism. which is not so bad on russion tanks.
>> Text goes 'ere <<

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:55 pm

Hey Yo,

Did some working on my newly gifted ISU's, which can be built either as ISU 152 (stronk & derpy!) or as ISU 122 with an formidable Anti-Tank gun. Fear the Soviet Power Tiger :)
The Kits are awesome! Really easy to put together and a decent amount of detail, those are a bit bigger than the average T-34, but still small. The IS-treads are a real pleasure.

Next i built the vietnam T-55 and Centurions I had laying around for quite some while. Ohhhhh my f******g I hate those! Die! Exterminate! I had probably the worst casted treads... It took me days to clean out the flash inbetween the road wheels.

The resin cast main hulls are superb and detailing is good and parts sit together well. The Centurions were a bit fiddly, but nothing plasticcard and green stuff wouldn't fix.

Let's see how many of the AA MG's I rip of during painting :P

Loan came in handy and I was weak...
http://team-yankee.com/Default.aspx?tab ... rt_id=5325
After seeing the Reconnaissance Lists I had to do it. Scorpions and Scimitars! :pippip:
>> Text goes 'ere <<

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:30 pm

[Edit]
Forgot to mention our first(ish) FoW Game. I am still waiting for the pictures, so a maybe more detailed batrep soon.
Did a first Tester with 5 T-34 vs. 4 PzKpfw IV, ohh my against those T-34 are real beasts. Armour and gun wise, skill wise the Germans do a bit better.

After that we did a little 1500pts (i think) game. That was 2 TigerI, 3 Panther and 5 PzKpfw IV -vs.- 11 T-34 5 SU-100, a Full SMG-Infantry Platoon and 4 Zis 2 Gun-Teams.

Quickly said, i did a few mistakes and lost pre my first turn the first vehicles to a wild Tiger - happens I assume. The SU's and Zis's wre place a bit to carefully and did only little, well the SU's ate a Tiger just like that. The T-34 struggled hard against the Panthers and some hidden PzKpfw IV in woods. I foolishly thought I could assualt any vehicle with my infantry and kill it regardless of their profile... I found out later I attack against the top armour, so my brave infantry succesfully assaulted the last Tiger... but well died three-turns long in concentrated MG fire by all of the German Tanks. But With AT1 you do not kill any Big Cats, anyways stronk soviet infantry died in honour *speak with Russian accent*.

All in all it was interessting to see the game mechanics in a constant play, we did a bit bumby as it was our first game, Germans might have famous Tanks but the guns and skill is what makes them special. The Soviet stuff is sturdy and lots of, it lacks a bit the skill, but any hull on the table and gun is able to match the German armour, although the guns are not so much high roller in terms of anti-tank-rating. Let's see how i do next time :)
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Phill

Post by Phill » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:47 pm

Whoa. Moto the MACHINE! Awesome stuff and very cool that you are playing too :)
One rule to rule them all:

Don't be a dick.

Acer6920

Post by Acer6920 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:56 pm

Damn me. i forgot to upload the pics. i will do it this Weekend...

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:09 am

Watch out for Tiger Aces, they are brutal once the German player figures them out! I'm glad you're enjoying the soviet tanks, they're a lot of fun to push around on the table. :thumbsup:

Dai

Post by Dai » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:17 am

Nice to see you enthused to work on stuff consistently mate! What I see so far looks very much up to your amazing standards. Looking forward to more of those lovely rubble bases you'd already previewed.
Arse! Feck! Drink! Girls!

OldschoolgameroO

Post by OldschoolgameroO » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:49 am

Jeez man! You are a machine!!!! I hate you for this thread, I really want to play with tanks now and I honestly don't neeed another project :grumble:
Phill wrote:Can't a guy admire another guys tentacles?

JESUS people!