moto's flames of madness

Making something fun? Pics or it never happened.
OldschoolgameroO
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: moto's flames of madness

Post by OldschoolgameroO » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:10 pm

Have you seen/tried the new 'alternate' universe version of FoW yet?

Those are looking pretty sweet sir!
Phill wrote:Can't a guy admire another guys tentacles?

JESUS people!

Tapeworm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Tapeworm » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:11 pm

o_0 Alternate universe? Tell me more . . .

OldschoolgameroO

Post by OldschoolgameroO » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:22 pm

Oh crap sorry I got my games mixed it's for bolt action and it's called Konflict 47, pretty cool thought. Has walkers and such but totally usable with existing bolt action stuff
Phill wrote:Can't a guy admire another guys tentacles?

JESUS people!

Cassarus

Post by Cassarus » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:35 pm

There is konflict 47 minis for fow as well, bought some over a year ago. Made by the company clockwork goblin :)
Something something, phill is a silly duckling

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:02 pm

Herr46 also does some alternative 1945+ vehicles ind 15mm and 28mm.
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:07 am

Interesting. I'll have to look into this . . . >_>

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:26 pm

TANKSHOCK!

the real shocking thing about soviet armour is the sheer mass! With the pictured SU-100s comes 10 more T-34s with both the 76mm and 85mm guns and turret versions, you'll see them on the pictures.

Painting of them was striahgt forward, buy yourself some AK interactive modulation soviet armour paint set, load the airbrush, hit it, done. Took me about two afternoons to airbrush them all 17 vehicles plus 4 guns. Of course i forgot one turret to do, geesh doing it all again for one single turret is so silly.

The tanks all sit gloss-coated in their bag to await pin-washing and waeathering, that also shouldn't take all to long. I queued in the gun crews and the rest of the tank riders for painting first. The tanks already look neat :luv:
Weathering is going to be some oil-paint streaks (maybe) and just yellow dirt/sand pigments on the lower halves of the minis.

Apart from doing green on them there isn't too much to do, some tools and the rubber and treads in grey. Also a really simplistic colour scheme :D

the boss tanker got a red banner for identifaction - so the enemy know whom to kill first - proper soviet motivation!

You'll notice the white stripes, that's a sort of guards army thing on their victory march towards germany, I liked the look and it breaks up a bit the greeness. and I could mark team-leaders by doing crosses on the roofs of the turret/casematt. Also added some stowage from the range (god the quality is shit! - the rest was superb) and logs from Schaschlik sticks.

Enuff bla bla...

KV-2: "kill the fascist vyper"
commander turret: "for Stalin" (za Stalina) or "for the motherland" - no clue
Lovey decals from PSC

Like poking with a stick into an ant hill - wip status pre edge-highlighting, just after airbrushing

Looky look

On Monday Acer6... who just registered, but dared not to post something... visits us for some proper brunch and a first game of FoW - excited!
:finger:

Red Fingers also fits a soviet tank horde
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Phill

Post by Phill » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:44 pm

Oh my fucksy those are lovely.

I may have experienced a minor pant crisis, keep up the work please, at my age those are rare and precious things.
One rule to rule them all:

Don't be a dick.

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:34 am

Very nice! Your tanks are plastic? o_0 All of mine are that damnable resin with metal treads. I re-barreled most of my T-34 main guns with lathed brass barrels. That took forever but they're not bendy anymore.

Phill

Post by Phill » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:01 pm

Tapeworm wrote:I re-barreled most of my T-34 main guns with lathed brass barrels. That took forever but they're not bendy anymore.
:eeek: :eeew:

Sweet Jesus. You must be nuts o_0
One rule to rule them all:

Don't be a dick.