moto's flames of madness

Making something fun? Pics or it never happened.
minamoto

moto's flames of madness

Post by minamoto » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:55 pm

Hello,

so for all ya wwII lovers, this is my appraoch on a soviet tankovy in late war. After a great hobby weekend on a lonely hut in the hills around gengenbach during winter ... ohh so lovely... :P
A friend of mine brought his starter box and made me do it.

The list is basicly two troops of 5 t-34 plus some infantry support by tankrides and SU-100. Usually you see scout cars as further support, i decided to go on some more Anti-tank guns, no clue if it will work out. The idea was to have the AT-guns as a static blocking element on one flank the SU-100 support the attacking the flank able to repostion.

As infantry seems a though nut to crack I hope to prevent my tanks from infantry assaults.

I did not forget my plans on doing some midwar brits, dai helped me once to create a nice list for a motor company :)
But with the WW3 coldwar era brits announced today for the team-yankee system i might postpone the desert rats :P

So here some pics of the Tank Riders - four stands missing, I forgot to do them. Those are already primed and ready to get painted
Did you spot the different unifomr colours I did on them?

The tanks, btw. are all ready painted up, just some weathering to do. I go and take some pics soon. Really like how they turned out, I used the AK interactive coloursets for colour modulation, which works astounding easy with the airbrush.
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Tapeworm

Re: moto's flames of madness

Post by Tapeworm » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:21 am

Thumbs up my friend! Are you playing in a tank heavy meta? If not, look at the 45mm obr 1942 (the late war version). Those things are beautiful! My 8 guns singlehandedly made everybody quit taking halftracks. They're that good. 24 shots a turn with volley fire.

Phill

Post by Phill » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:36 am

Wow those look super sweet sir :)

How is it painting the smaller scale? Can you get away with a base coat, simple wash and one highlight at that scale?
One rule to rule them all:

Don't be a dick.

Cassarus

Post by Cassarus » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:01 pm

Sweet looking Sovjets you got there mina!
Almost makes me wanna pick up my old panzers again. ^^
Something something, phill is a silly duckling

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:04 pm

Tapeworm wrote:Thumbs up my friend! Are you playing in a tank heavy meta? If not, look at the 45mm obr 1942 (the late war version). Those things are beautiful! My 8 guns singlehandedly made everybody quit taking halftracks. They're that good. 24 shots a turn with volley fire.
Thanks!
Sure Tank hordes ftw! We'll see how henand chick works xD

I took the Zis 2, coz of the higher Firepower and AT, but i think no volley fire on them. I already thought to myself proxying them for Zis 3. But We did not manage to play a single game yet, as none of us had an "army" ready for play. December is the deadline, which i should be able to meet the first time in my life :)
Phill wrote:How is it painting the smaller scale? Can you get away with a base coat, simple wash and one highlight at that scale?
Thanks Phill!

Yes, you could, and probably should! But you know me. I painted should-flaps with stripes :P and I do highlights on clothes weapons and such. What annoys me somehow more is that it can get a pain in you fingers, because it is tireing to paint dozens over dozens of tiny russian dudes and the size in uncomfortable. Glueing them on a kork or similiar is highly recommended. The significantly smaller colour-pallate is nice and save up alot of time.

Else you could come away quite cheap and with little minis, a competing German or UK tank force would caintain half of all the stuff.

Thanks Cass :)
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:30 pm

I always wanted to run Zis-2's but they weren't an available option for the main army I ran. So I ran "quantity has a quality all its own" spam as much as possible. I had 32 gun tubes in 1,750 list. With the new edition changes that is sadly no longer possible.

Phill

Post by Phill » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:57 pm

Interestingly I came across this...the posh option:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... ject_share
One rule to rule them all:

Don't be a dick.

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:21 pm

Tapeworm wrote:I always wanted to run Zis-2's but they weren't an available option for the main army I ran. So I ran "quantity has a quality all its own" spam as much as possible. I had 32 gun tubes in 1,750 list. With the new edition changes that is sadly no longer possible.
You know it's all guided by the dead ghost of stalin ;)
Hm so you have those mad midwar lists with everything plus 2 times more than anything else? But the 45mm is a though nut for those Pz.IIIs and Pz.IVs?
I thought to do a midwar adaption of my list, but i would need so much more, it would be not economical - Euro-wise ... ;P
Phill wrote:Interestingly I came across this...the posh option:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... ject_share
where is my x-mas whishlist?
Actually that "bar-thingy" looks really useful - great find Phill.
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:26 am

I ran the Strelkovy Guards out of Stalin's Onslaught in late war. I don't have the right models for midwar.

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:16 am

Tapeworm wrote:I ran the Strelkovy Guards out of Stalin's Onslaught in late war. I don't have the right models for midwar.
ahh... the read bear book is the successor to Stalin's Onslaught I think. I use the desperate measures book, i like it'S simple compostion. But it's a very specific theater. But I guess that makes no difference to a noobie like me :)
>> Text goes 'ere <<