Dai's many stuffs

Making something fun? Pics or it never happened.
Phill

Re: Dai's many stuffs

Post by Phill » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:58 pm

Dai wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:54 am
@phill - Thank you sir. They are computer designed and made from a relatively firm plastic tho there were some examples on the racks at my lgs of bended swordblades etc. Detail is incredibly sharp and they fit the 5th ed dnd design ethic perfectly and they claim to have a mini for every race and class combo to fit the options in the core rule book. I find their monsters are the coolest examples and after this griffon have some giant spiders to tackle next. Their claim at pre-priming is fair and their primer is not thickly applied. My only critique is i wish theyd cleared mold lines from the minis pre primer, but then theyd never be this affordable.
Overall i think they are great for rpg usage but not for serious display and they paint up pretty well. I'll be grabbing some more in the future for sure.

Thank you darling boy :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
One rule to rule them all:

Don't be a dick.

Dai

Post by Dai » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:35 pm

Some more work done after I made a personal pledge to get my fucking WW2 Winter project done by the New Year. :hohoho:

M3 Soviet Lend Lease Half-Track is done. Think I went a bit over the top on the snow effects, but meh, it's done.

Couple troops to show the scale.

And the last part of my Soviets (For now - there's still a medic, Light mortar team and two Anti-tank Rifle teams left to paint up, but they never make it into my army lists so whatever, they can wait...), my Winter-Onsie sporting Soviet Vets. Managed to get half of the squad done (And since based, though haven't been able to update the photo), just 5 more to go and then it's on to Ze Germans!

Arse! Feck! Drink! Girls!

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:36 pm

A Proper stead for Comrades to ride into honourous battle against fashicst vypers!

Well, the snow on the tracks and tires look like it's winter, this stuff starts baking to your fenders, when freezing over night, so it does not look that over exaggerated, it should be more constitent on the tires, apart from that - convincing :thumbsup:

Looking foward to a group shot when you got 'em based, they certainly look badass al together - bring some vodka!

Germanz? why? what? :seppel:
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Dai

Post by Dai » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:32 am

minamoto wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:36 pm
A Proper stead for Comrades to ride into honourous battle against fashicst vypers!

Well, the snow on the tracks and tires look like it's winter, this stuff starts baking to your fenders, when freezing over night, so it does not look that over exaggerated, it should be more constitent on the tires, apart from that - convincing :thumbsup:

Looking foward to a group shot when you got 'em based, they certainly look badass al together - bring some vodka!

Germanz? why? what? :seppel:
Thanks for the fair review matey.

Yep, Germans. My Commies will need an enemy to face, right? How else will I run demo games at my house. :rasp:

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Dai wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:32 am
Yep, Germans. My Commies will need an enemy to face, right? How else will I run demo games at my house. :rasp:
To be fair, that's a poor excuse for buying more stuff...
... let's buy all Dropfleet Commander Starter fleet so the others can play with me too ... sure sure ... XD
:luv:
>> Text goes 'ere <<

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Dai wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:32 am
To be fair, that's a poor excuse for buying more stuff...
... let's buy all Dropfleet Commander Starter fleet so the others can play with me too ... sure sure ... XD
:luv:
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Dai

Post by Dai » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:36 am

Ha! Well - I already bought all the components for 1000 points of Winter Germans and they are mostly put together, based and primed. So they are sat in a drawer begging with their puppydog eyes to get some attention. XD

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:25 pm

Great stuff Dai! The leader (Sergeant, lieutenant?) is my favorite. :thumbsup:

Dai

Post by Dai » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:15 pm

Thanks Tapey. Yes, he's the squad Sgt.

5 more on the paint station will hopefully be done by this weekend.

Phill

Post by Phill » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Just awesome Mr Dai.

awesome :)
One rule to rule them all:

Don't be a dick.