Forge World news

There is something shiny in the misty clouds of the future.
Stelio

Forge World news

Post by Stelio » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:36 pm

Prices have risen at Forge World. For example the Chaos Knight is up from £120 to £125, and the Chaos Decimator is up from £40 (body) and £12 (each weapon) to £41 and £12.50.

I also note that the Chaos Warhound Titan body is no longer available (although curiously its weapon arms are still for sale).

Stelio

Re: Forge World news

Post by Stelio » Sat May 12, 2018 10:17 pm

Warhammer Fest Live Blog

Ooh! There's an upcoming model from Forge World for a Horus-Heresy-era Dark Mechanicum named character: Anacharis Scoria. It's cool to see the DM getting some love, and this may presage a range of new models for daemonic engines. I've been hoping that the Dark Mechanicum would be expanded into a complete faction army (in the same way that the Imperium have a full Adeptus Mechanicus army list). This, perhaps, isn't the way I hoped it would be as this is not only a Horus Heresy model, but also Forge World; not really the same as a full range of plastic Games Workshop models for Warhammer 40,000. Still, it's a start, and if the faction proves popular in HH then that may lead to it becoming mainstream in WH40k? Maybe?

I have a gripe with the current WH40k rules for Chaos: the March 2018 Big FAQ introduced a Battle Brothers rule which says that "Chaos" cannot be the shared Faction Keyword by which you form a Battle-forged army. On the face of it, that's fine by me as I use the "Nurgle" keyword for my own models. However, I'm also interested in acquiring a Chaos Knight one day; and the rules give them the following Faction keywords only: "Chaos", "Questor Traitoris" and (in the Forge World Index) "Dark Mechanicus". That means that following the Big FAQ, you can't include a Chaos Knight with any other Chaos units other than other Knights and Chaos Hellwrights ("Dark Mechanicus"). And that's why I'm tentatively excited about more Dark Mech models coming out.

But still, what I really want is Knights with Chaos Marks. Then I can finally get myself a Knight of Nurgle and unify my army.

PS: It's even worse for Chaos Titans! They only have the Faction keywords "Chaos", "Titanicus Traitoris", and "<Heretic Titan Legion>". So now Chaos Titans can only form a Battle-forged army with other Chaos Titans and no other models at all.

minamoto

Re: Forge World news

Post by minamoto » Wed May 16, 2018 2:00 pm

TBH, there is a lot of cool stuff to come out - that's going to be rathr hard for me on my plans, to do less GW and more different systems :maple: :eeek:

Titanicus looks cool to me, although not much yet to see, i like the teeny tiny titans. Everything else looks amazing, especially the new undead models. Just these stormcast, gawd who approves their designs? and why that much of them?

Sadly no orky goodness... :finger: :finger:
:skull: :skull:

Fingers crossed for an orci-tober
>> Text goes 'ere <<