Jan 2018 Nurgle releases

Phill beyond measure is mankind's greatest treasure.
Stelio

Jan 2018 Nurgle releases

Post by Stelio » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:22 am

It's Janurgluary! That's an awful name. I'm sorry.

In advance of me picking up the new White Dwarf (it's out today), here are the new products for preorder (to be released next week)... There are various combination packages fo the above, but none of them have any discount.

Note also that the previous Herald of Nurgle model has been renamed "Poxbringer".

Stelio

Re: Jan 2018 Nurgle releases

Post by Stelio » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:29 pm

There's a good visual guide here to the size of the new Great Unclean One model:
https://spikeybits.com/2018/01/just-how ... n-one.html

Comparably, it's about the same size as Scabeiathrax! And, therefore, hugely bigger than the older models.

I actually own both a 1st and 2nd release GUO and I intend to keep using them. If I were to pick up the new plastic one then (having looked at the GW product photos in detail) I would build it as Rotigus and use the spare parts for conversions (bits for a chaos knight, dreadnoughts, and various vehicles).

But £85? Ouch, that's a lot; even with the Wayland Games 20% discount dropping it to £68.

No need for a final decision any time soon, I reckon. As it is, I've ordered a copy of the 40k Daemons Codex and seeing the actual rules for the models will help me in my choices.

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:48 pm

Okay... that comparision shot explains why it is that expensive. size wise it is as large as the FW... that's rather amazing and intimidating.
For any veteran modeler who once in his lifetime hold a FW-Mini in his hands also knows how much of a pain in the :bum: they can be so buying the plastic variant is valid... although it is still expensive and overprized.

That's probably some ill guided marketing douchebag's thinking. They could sell about twice of them if they offered it at 75-ish, people would run them in threes... or more if the codey allows it.

Tempted by the new demons Codex as well, have round about 50 Plaguebeares and friends :shifty:
Don't think that the rules will be to bad - it's still a GUO the size of a cottage. :cool:
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Dai

Post by Dai » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:43 pm

Think I'll just stick with this version as my GUO. $140 is a silly amount regardless of options or how large it is.

CLICKY!

For me, I want that new Beast kit (And will probably have one on release day)!
Arse! Feck! Drink! Girls!

Stelio

Post by Stelio » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:18 am

I did get the latest White Dwarf, but there's just so much Nurgle content in there to type up that I've been putting off even starting. :eeek: In the meantime, here's the second wave (and, I believe, last) of the January Nurgle models: And there are lots of combined packages (including a £339 Tallyband of Nurgle) which, as is traditional for Games Workshop, have no discount whatsoever. Maybe they'll come out with a new "Start Collecting" set at some point though (which do have discounts)?

Also, check out some extra designers' notes here:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ge-post-4/

My copy of Codex: Chaos Daemons is in the post, and I'll be getting it on Monday when I'm next in the office. I'll let you know what the new rules are like when I've had the chance to digest them.

Stelio

Post by Stelio » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:47 pm

Codex: Chaos Daemons
Wrought from the very stuff of the warp, that nightmare realm of impossibilities, the Daemons of Chaos are the footsoldiers of the Dark Gods - Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Khorne and Nurgle. Each is cast in their master's image, undying and absolutely focussed to the will of their patron. Creatures of the warp, Daemons can rarely walk the galaxy like mortal creatures, but in these dark days as the Cicatrix Maledictum splits the skies of a thousand worlds, daemonic legions go to war - either as part of the cohorts of their patron deity or in grand armies of Chaos Undivided.

Weighing in at 136 pages, Codex: Chaos Daemons is effectively five codexes in one - not only does it have everything you need to collect the legions of each of the four Dark Gods of Chaos, but you can also build alliances of the Chaos Powers, with hordes of Daemons aligned to each god working in grotesque unity to bring ruin to reality. There's exclusive strategems, warlord traits for Daemons of each Dark God, psychic disciplines and a whole armoury of Hellforged Artefacts.
Pre-order: 6 Jan
Available: 13 Jan
Standard Edition: £25, €32.50, 250dkr, 300skr, 280nkr, 125zł, USA $40, Can $50, Aus $70, NZ $83, ¥5,800, 250rmb, HK$340, RM155, SG$60
Collectors' Edition: £50, €65, 500dkr, 600skr, 550nkr, 250zł, USA $80, Can $100, Aus $140, NZ $165, ¥11,500, 500rmb, HK$680, RM310, SG$120

Available in English, French and German languages. An abridged edition is available in Italian and Spanish. See www.games-workshop.com for more information.

Stelio

Post by Stelio » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:00 pm

Battletome: Maggotkin of Nurgle
Vile and wretched beings all, the get of Nurgle are among the foulest of all the servants of the Dark Gods. Each is a bloated, rotten-framed wretch, shambling beneath the gaze of rotted sorcerers and noisome warrior-kings, while giggling Nurglings caper and stagger all the while about them. Once, the attentions of the legions of Nurgle's were focussed on the Realm of Life, for their patron god had fixed his gaze upon Ghyran. But in the years following Nurgle's setbacks in the Realmgate Wars, he has now turned his focus to each of the Mortal Realms - so that none will be spared his horrifying gifts.

This 104-page battletome contains all you need to forge an army of Nurgle's Maggotkin - from nauseating background and rancid artwork to rules for mortals and Daemons alike, gut-wrenching spell lores and new allegiance abilities. It even has a painting guide for getting your Maggotkin looking their most disgusting.
£25, €32.50, 250dkr, 300skr, 280nkr, 125zł, USA $40, Can $50, Aus $70, NZ $83, ¥5,800, 250rmb, HK$340, RM155, SG$60

Available in English, French and German languages. An abridged edition is available in Italian and Spanish. See www.games-workshop.com for more information.

Stelio

Post by Stelio » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:13 pm

Great Unclean One
Bloated mounds of flesh and rot, the Great Unclean Ones are the greatest of Nurgle's Daemons - but they are no mere brutes. Each is a shrewd, cunning creature, a capable warlord and sorcerer full of jollity, dark humour and Nurgle's most potent plagues.

While there have been some truly stomach-churning models for Nurgle down the years (and we mean that in the best possible way) the Great Unclean One takes the prize - there isn't an inch that isn't covered in buboes, boils, colossal sores and lesions. The model also comes with six Nurglings (including a squashed one, trying to flee its master's grotesque bulk), and has four different weapon options. There's even a choice of two different heads as well.

Finally, if you so choose, you can build the kit as Rotigus the Rainfather, a new named character. He has his own head and custom parts to stand out from his brothers - including a festering maw in his right hand that serves as one of Rotigus's most potent weapons.
£85, €110, 850dkr, 1020skr, 940nkr, 425zł, USA $140, Can $170, Aus $230, NZ $280, ¥19,600, 850rmb, HK$1150, RM525, SG$205

Stelio

Post by Stelio » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:22 pm

Feculent Gnarlmaw
Nurgle's Garden is well named and home to innumerable varieties of gut-churning flora. The Feculent Gnarlmaw is an example of these horrifying plants and can be found wherever the worshippers of Nurgle gather in great numbers. Rather than just a symptom of the daemonic infection, these hellish trees are gateways to Nurgle's nightmare realm through which the Daemons of Nurgle can manifest to spread the Plaguefather's gifts to all.

The Feculent Gnarlmaw is a plastic terrain feature for both Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Age of Sigmar that can be built with a selection of additional plague bells - rules for using it in your games can be found in Codex: Chaos Daemons and Battletome: Maggotkin of Nurgle.
£17.50, €22.50, 180dkr, 220skr, 190nkr, 88zł, USA $30, Can $35, Aus $49, NZ $58, ¥4,000, 180rmb, HK$240, RM110, SG$40

Stelio

Post by Stelio » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Sloppity Bilepiper, Herald of Nurgle
While Plaguebearers are typically the most dour and serious-minded of Nurgle's Daemons, this is not the case for the Sloppity Bilepipers. These strange Heralds were once Plaguebearers who were infected with the dread Chortling Murrain. This bizarre malady causes them to caper about, joking, quipping and singing all the while. Great Unclean Ones, Nurglings and Beasts of Nurgle are especially fond of the antics of the Sloppity Bilepipers, and mortals are likely to laugh until their sides quite literally split. Yet when the infection goes into remission, the Sloppity Bilepiper slowly loses his quick wit, dooming him to become the marotter and gutpipes for the next victim of the Chortling Murrain to take up and continue the cycle afresh.
  • The marotter carried by the Sloppity Bilepiper is the remains of the previous one - the Bilepiper will laugh and sign at his marotter, and occasionally the Daemon's remains will join in with the japery.
  • Sloppity Bilepipers won't just rely on their bilepipes and marotter - they carry spare horns and skulls as props for their macabre gags.
Pre-order: 13 Jan
Available: 20 Jan
£15, €20, 150dkr, 180skr, 170nkr, 75zł, USA $25, Can $30, Aus $40, NZ $50, ¥3,500, 150rmb, HK$200, RM90, SG$35