Dec 2017 Death Guard releases

Phill beyond measure is mankind's greatest treasure.
Stelio

Dec 2017 Death Guard releases

Post by Stelio » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:48 pm

New models coming soon [1] [2]
  • Myphitic Blight-hauler (Easy to Build) - the final missing model from Codex: Death Guard
  • Lord Felthius and the Tainted Cohort: a boxed set of three Blightlord Terminators and a manreaper-wielding Lord of Contagion (all mono-pose, and looking like they're Easy to Build as well)
I'm guessing that the forthcoming "wave of Easy to Build kits" is deliberately targetted at young newcomers to the hobby as Christmas gifts. It doesn't make the sculpts any less lovely.

I think I'll try to use Lord Felthius as a Deathshroud Champion (bringing that squad's size up to five so far, including the old Typhus miniature). I'll have to model a plaguespurt gauntlet or two onto him. Although I also see that all four of the models from the Tainted Cohort kit have a moth motif on their chests, linking them together (I may consider remodelling that somehow - or maybe tie it into the background narrative of those individuals in my army).

minamoto

Re: Dec 2017 Death Guard releases

Post by minamoto » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:47 pm

Stelio wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:48 pm
I'm guessing that the forthcoming "wave of Easy to Build kits" is deliberately targetted at young newcomers to the hobby as Christmas gifts. It doesn't make the sculpts any less lovely.
Depending on the money charged for the cohort it's a valid alternative to the Termi Box, either as Deathshroud stand-ins or as Blight-Termis.

Myphitic Blight-hauler :luv: :luv: :luv:
Need to get me three of these lovely looking wierdos :shifty:
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:30 am

:hohoho: I’d love to know the price of them. They seem to have potential. They’d fit right in with the unfinished Jon Mikkelsson’s sculpt and the squad of plaguebearers on my painting table. :shifty:

Stelio

Post by Stelio » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:12 pm

These models will be available for pre-order this weekend (Saturday 16 Dec 2017), and will be released on Saturday 23 Dec 2017.

Stelio

Post by Stelio » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:19 pm

I'm pleasantly surprised by the pricing of these two kits:
  • £15 for the Myphitic Blight-Hauler - that's half the price of a Foetid Bloat-drone, and so (since there's a tactical advantage to fielding them in sets of three) they unsurprisingly sold out on pre-order with a short time of going on sale.
  • £25 for Lord Felthius and Co. (four terminators in all) - compares very favourably against £35 for three Deathshroud Terminators and £35 for five Blightlord Terminators.