3 June - New Material to Preorder

Phill beyond measure is mankind's greatest treasure.
Stelio

New Material to Preorder

Post by Stelio » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:49 am

In case you haven't seen, new Death Guard models (pre-order from 8 July, available from 15 July) are:These are each priced at £10, €12, 100dkr, 120skr, 110nkr, 50zł, USA $15, Can $20, Aus $25, NZ $30, ¥2,300, 100rmb, HK$135, RM60, SG$25. That feels like a reasonable price for the figures. Certainly a lot more reasonable than £45 for two Space Marines. The paint set is not good value: these are 6 pots of only 3ml; for these colours, the adjusted value is £3.69, and the starter brush is going to be most likely equivalent to a £4.20 medium layer brush (total £7.89 versus shelf price of £10).

These models are all new. So for example that brings us up to 16 unique Poxwalker models (which makes more sense of Aly Morrison's comment that everyone (amongst the miniatures designers) was involved in creating Poxwalkers). Perhaps we might see even more of them? (I hope so, since I crave variety in my figures.)

The Death Guard Codex is most likely due in September (10 codices to be released from July to December 2017, with Death Guard coming in at fourth position). We should see more Death Guard model releases in August and September as well (something new each month, to keep up the enthusiasm). At a minimum guess, that's:
  • July - 3 Plague Marines, 6 Poxwalkers
  • August - Dark Imperium / Know No Fear sprues available separately from boxed sets
  • September - Codex, Mortarion, Terminators
What I'd like to see on top of that (beyond totally new units) are more Plague Marines and Poxwalkers. Given hints in the artwork, I'm expecting new (multi-pose) Great Unclean One and Beast of Nurgle models. As a result, I'm cautiously optimistic that the Death Guard codex may possibly also contain some Daemons of Nurgle content.

Stelio

Re: 3 June - New Material to Preorder

Post by Stelio » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:03 am

There are two new boxed sets as well.

Know No Fear contains a subset of the Dark Imperium models. Specifically, from the Death Guard it loses the Malignant Plaguecaster, Noxious Blightbringer, and 2 Plague Marines (all contained on one sprue) and has 10 rather than 20 Poxwalkers (no duplicated sprue). Priced at £50, €65, etc., compare that against £90 for Dark Imperium less £35 for the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook - seems like Dark Imperium is a bit of a better deal to me, considering the difference in miniatures.

First Strike contains the new "Easy to Build" models for both Death Guard and Space Marines. Since they're available separately, we know that's £20 of miniatures from each faction (so £40 total) and you've also got the books, dice, nd assorted gubbins. That's priced at £25, €32.50, etc. So even if you throw away one faction's miniatures, it's still a fine price. Sell off the excess if you don't want them, and you've got a good deal.

OldschoolgameroO

Re: 3 June - New Material to Preorder

Post by OldschoolgameroO » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:35 am

Stelio wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:16 am
I see folks are already listing the component parts of the Dark Imperium boxed set on eBay.

I picked up all the Death Guard models and rulebook for £30 plus postage, which is exactly what I wanted to pay (£95 boxed set = £35 core rulebook + £30 Space Marines + £30 Death Guard).

Given my self-imposed constraint of avoiding (where possible) using the same component twice in my Nurgle army, I'm not sure what to do with the second batch of Poxwalkers. Anyone here interested in them?

I've been thinking of chopping up one set of Poxwalkers, and mixing it in with Imperial Guard and Zombie components to get a larger group with the same kind of look throughout. But I'm not sure how easy that will be in practice: the Poxwalker models are so characterful, artfully posed, and sparsely clothed that I suspect a chop-and-switch job would look awful. I'll reassess when they get here.
Some of the sculpts have great potential as rotters for a nurgle team if your so inclined. A few zombie hand switches were needed and I think a great start to a team. Use blight kings for warriors and get a few beastmen and you'd be set
Phill wrote:Can't a guy admire another guys tentacles?

JESUS people!