Sorry Fellas, I haven't really been part of the community here

This is the place where hoodlums such as Cassarus and Snolb can frolic to their heart's content.
Tapeworm

Sorry Fellas, I haven't really been part of the community here

Post by Tapeworm » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:49 am

I've been fairly quiet and mostly absent from the forum lately and I'd like to tell you guys why. I've mentioned in the past that I have been having health issues. Seven months I started feeling really bad and I thought I had got heavy metal poisoning from constantly working with pressure treated lumber and doing a lot of cutting, milling, and sanding. It got so bad that four months ago I drove 80 miles to the nearest Veterans Association emergency room. They ran a lot of tests on me, and decided I have diverticulitis and irritable bowel syndrome along with a mystery stricture on my colon. They scheduled me an appointment on the 23rd. Monday I got a really painful hemorrhoid. That's happened in the past to me couple of times but it always went away in a day or two. Tuesday it was even more painful. I would have brought myself to the emergency room but I can't sit down and couldn't drive myself here. Wednesday morning I was in the worst pain in my entire life so I told my wife to drive me to the hospital. The surgeon came to talk to me after he saw the results of the CT scan. He said my mass looked like cancerous tumor and it has tripled in size in the last three months. He said it looked like I have diverticulitis, irritable bowel syndrome, Crones disease, ulcerative colitis, colon cancer and possible peritonitis. I'm having surgery in the morning to remove the tumor "as big as two fists", do multiple biopsies on my liver, and remove the lymph nodes around my colon. So that's that. I haven't really wanted to talk about here on the forum because this is a place to come to get away from all of the bullshit of real life but you guys are family and I've felt guilty that I haven't mentioned this stuff before. And now I've got to back to drinking my golytely. :seppel:

Martijn

Re: Sorry Fellas, I haven't really been part of the community here

Post by Martijn » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:01 am

That's awful to hear, sir. :( Good luck today - here's hoping that those Alabamanese doctors of yours know how to fix malfunctioning tapeworms.

If you get well soon I'll buy you a nice cold pint of golytely next time you're in Nijmegen. :thumbsup:
Phill wrote:Every time we chat, you eat. Every time it is f***ing gouda.
Tapeworm wrote:A todger? :shifty: What's that?

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:03 pm

:thumbsup: Sounds good my friend!

OldschoolgameroO

Post by OldschoolgameroO » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:19 pm

Tell them to take a picture of it and use it for inspiration. I kid of course XD

Really though brother, I'm glad you let us know. And no matter how frequently you come here know we are always in your corner man.

Best of luck to you today and good vibes coming your way brother. Keep us in the loop because you are part of our little disfunctional family here like you said. :thumbsup:
Phill wrote:Can't a guy admire another guys tentacles?

JESUS people!

Phill

Post by Phill » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:53 pm

Much love to you Tapey, nothing but love coming your way :luv:
One rule to rule them all:

Don't be a dick.

Dai

Post by Dai » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:08 am

Fuckin hell Tapey mate, you don't do things by halves!

No idea why you feel like you need to apologise tho. You've nothing to apologise for my friend.

This place is somewhere to get away from regular life. So never avoid this place - get away, complain about your shit and your health or anything else and we as your mates from far away will do our best to answer your misgivings or cheer you in the face of your woes.

Much loves verily. :luv: :luv: :luv:
Arse! Feck! Drink! Girls!

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:49 pm

Dai wrote:Fuckin hell Tapey mate, you don't do things by halves!
I only understood the half of the text... but it really sounds aweful, like dai said it looks like you go all in. Take your time and get all the shit sort out!
Much much love from us, too.
Dai wrote:No idea why you feel like you need to apologise tho. You've nothing to apologise for my friend.
highly seconded - nothing to apologize about! Just do open a Thread and rant the shit out of all the brain*** out there that drive you mad and all the other shit. You are right, this is one of the places to forget all the sometimes silly reallife, but telling about is part of getting rid of that (if you feel like to do so) :)

Nothing to add except for :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:28 pm

Well, I've been out of the hospital for two weeks now. The surgery was worse than the surgeon thought. The tumor was the size of a cantaloupe and had grown into my small intestine and bladder. So I had to get cancer removed from three organs at the same time. I've got a nice scar a little over six inches long on my belly that does a weird curve around my belly button. I do have cancer in my liver as well, but it is small right now. I'm on a holding pattern now, waiting to see an oncologist (cancer doctor). I'm so damn weak now. When I first got out the of the hospital I was so weak I had to rest after talking. I'm doing better but still very weak. But I've got an urge to paint now. I'm very excited! ;)

Dai

Post by Dai » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:03 am

:eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

Wow mate, just wow.... That sounds bloody awful for you. I wish I lived closer to be able to cheer you up, spend time or something to help raise your spirits.

Hope the healing happens fast mate and that you find the energy to not only engage that painting urge, but also to post up your progress here!

As ever my friend, much love! :luv:
Arse! Feck! Drink! Girls!

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:02 pm

Thanks Dai! It's too bad we can't get together and drink a few Dopplebocks but they don't want me drinking right now anyways. So I can't drink alcohol, I quit smokeless tobacco and caffeine. My life is really weird right now! XD
The caffeine thing was accidental and now it gives me a terrible headache whenever I drink it. So I never really wake up anymore, all the stimulants are gone now . . . o_0