Motos Random Games Workshop

If you ever finish painting a model this is the place to show it off, so feel free to mock Squig freely in here. He'll never see it. [mod edit]Powell. My office. NOW.[/mod edit]
minamoto

Re: Motos Random Games Workshop

Post by minamoto » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:45 pm

BLOOD FOR THE BLOODGOD!

Goddamnit a** f*** bullsh** - goosh so deighted that I finished that M*F* now.
Sorry, it's a bit picture heavy now, so not that much mobile device friendly - but Khorne gives a big steaming dump on your techno rubbish. Ladies and Gents, grab yourself a proper blood-cocktail.

... before showing any pictures lets blame GW engineers to make such a large model stand on a single flame sculpt. It broke off just when I was at the final assembly - yay. He now sits a wee bit smaller on it's base. Doesn't matter the wings do all the impressing.

Bad Ass Bros, side by side:

Now I don't want to paint such a pointy red monster again, those pesky spikes poke you at any given time in any unsupected moment from ambush...

Acutally the sculpt and model is rather nice, some assembly is wiered at first, but it covers alot that would needed filling and filing. The armour plates don't sit that nice, but you wont see now. The flame at his feet are a nice touch but I'd do this to a tzeentch modell. For a big red brute I'd have used a big blood splatter or a pile of skulls, yes a big pile of skulls, if not for a khorne modell for which else?

For the base, after painting red and do some light effects with orange and purple/blue near the base of the flame, I just poured lots of "blood for the blood god" onto it. I just literally had to do it XD
He now sits in the cabinet of my gaming bud I painted it for.

next we might see big M - rumors say something about summer 2017.
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Dai

Post by Dai » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:56 pm

Gawds damn Mina! That looks fuckin fantastic! The blending on the wings is sublime. Don't normally like this model, but your version gets umpteen of these - :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Arse! Feck! Drink! Girls!

OldschoolgameroO

Post by OldschoolgameroO » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:48 pm

Ooooohhhh!!! That looks lovely! GW has been taking posing to the extreme not thinking of durability. The fire glow is beautiful!

I expect nothing less of you though. Top notch Gent! Top notch indeed! :pippip:
Phill wrote:Can't a guy admire another guys tentacles?

JESUS people!

minamoto

Post by minamoto » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:31 am

Thanks Gentlemen.

Wings? Airbrush Baby! :)
Actually I imitaded a video of the studio "Awaken Realms", that worked pretty good on this model also :)

The flame gave me some headache, it took me several hours and layers to finalize it. Then it fecking broke off, just 1mm above where I pinned it.
Posing-wise I like him, he has a certain dynamic feel to it, that is better composed with this huge axe than with the lash and hammer. It looks realistic, as far as such a model can be called realistic. XD
>> Text goes 'ere <<

Phill

Post by Phill » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:10 pm

Good grief sir!

Amazing....just.... *faints*
One rule to rule them all:

Don't be a dick.

Tapeworm

Post by Tapeworm » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:15 pm

Wow! That's awesome! :luv: