Talk about gameplay, army lists, formations, units and single models in your favorite games.
- Posts: 296
- Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:31 pm
- Location: United Kingdom
I'm turning 40 this September, and hosting a "40kth Birthday" where we'll be playing some games of 40k. One of my friends doesn't have an army of his own and doesn't have the inclination to get deep into the rules and build a force (even using my models). So I've put together this minimal list using as few models as possible whilst still being an effective force.
- Supreme Command Detachment (+1 CP)
- 156 - HQ: Daemon Prince of Nurgle (daemonic axe, malefic talons, Blades of Putrefaction, warlord: tainted regeneration)
- 105 - HQ: Chaos Lord (power fist, combi-melta)
- 110 - HQ: Malignant Plaguecaster (Miasma of Pestilence, Putrescent Vitality, The Pandemic Staff)
- 162 - Elites: Helbrute (twin lascannon, helbrute fist)
- 72 - Dedicated Transport: Chaos Rhino (combi-bolter)
- Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (+0 CP)
- 395 - Lord of War: Renegade Knight (reaper chainsword, thermal cannon, heavy stubber)
That's exactly 1000 points, at 55 power, with 6 models, and 59 wounds in total.
- The Supreme Command Detachment uses the Death Guard faction keyword and so benefits from appropriate army traits. The Renegade Knight is in its own detachment and the army as a whole can use the "Chaos" faction keyword so it's perfectly legal and battle-forged.
- Both the Chaos Knight and the Grimskull Rhino were gifts from this friend, so I'm pleased that I included both of these impressive models in the list.
- Originally I considered a Sorcerer rather than the Chaos Lord, but the limitation on psychic powers (only one of each power per turn except Smite, and Smite gets harder to use the more you use it) made me cap the list at just two psykers (Daemon Prince and Malignant Plaguecaster).
- Note that the Helbrute doesn't get the add-on combi-bolter (even though it's on the model). This is because there weren't any spare points to take it, and by the datasheet it is an optional extra.
- There are only 4 Command Points to play with. I think the key stratagems will be the 1CP re-roll and the 2CP regain D3 lost wounds (probably on the Chaos Lord as he doesn't get Disgustingly Resilient).
To make his gaming experience even easier, I put together a set of customised datasheets
that present the information in a more logical order.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest