The 2nd laziest man's painting log

• Hey Ho,

so the new year's here, time for silly new years resolutions, like drink more, sleep less and such...

In manner of this modern useless tradition I thought it would be a good idea to use the first months of the year to get on my backlog a.k.a. #pileofshame. Meaning to finally finish half and almost complete projects. Like...

- 40K Demon Mortarion (30K Morty was finished afters years along with 30K Calas Typhon, right before new years eve)

- all my Plaguebearers (28ish) -> +14 off eBay (looks like I gonna do an "ebay rescue")

- Blight Drone riders (3)

- Beast of Nurgle

- Biker Waaaghboss

- Dropfleet Commander UCM Starter-Fleet

- Dropfleet Commander Scourge Starter-Fleet

- Dropfleet Commander Terrain & Space-Stations

- Lord Cypher (old and new)

- Spacehulk Genestealers

- Spacehulk Terminators (Blood Angels)

- Spacehulk Terminators (Custom Dark Angels)

- Tau Firewarriors

- Ork Bikers

- Ork Battlewagon (Just needs the weathering, which may take a hour or two, how dumb can you be not finishing it in one go?)

- ...you get it...

The plan is - fuck plans - to paint every day a bit or a bit more for the first quarter this year before going into any other waiting project.

For the first couple of days this has been succsesful, wich means getting a mini done sitting almost complete for years on the desk - pics will follow asap.

Just in Case you wonder, the laziest man is of course squig.

• As promised a pic of the first piece of shame

Le Ork Mek - not Big Mek :D

Magnetized the arm so I can equip this guy with a Buzzsaw.

Really struggled to finish this guy, it's no particular complex paintjob, though I couldn't find the Mojo to get it done, so I painted for years now and then tiny parts. So it sat almost complete since it was released in the pile of shame. Now I got the guts and finished this Mek. Still like the outcome and the sculpt.

Just now in the super close up I saw that I forgot a piercing in his lip :rolleyes:

hmm next I guess some more ork stuff, maybe Plaguebearers at least it's Ja'nurgle'ary

• Maybe hopping from project to project as your attention leads you about will help with the mojo to keep going? Lots of cool stuff in that list to get on with and really, no rush so hopefully no pressure or threat of burnout.

The ork mech is super cool! Loads of crazy details though - would drive me mad trying to paint it all.

• Maybe hopping from project to project as your attention leads you about will help with the mojo to keep going? Lots of cool stuff in that list to get on with and really, no rush so hopefully no pressure or threat of burnout.

Actually the Plan is to go full speed ahead, to keep the momentum and not to sack down in video playing to much :D This old stuff is something that bothers me, so I really want it to be finished "soon-ish" which means months and years... i guess. But I will put newer projects in between.

The ork mech is super cool! Loads of crazy details though - would drive me mad trying to paint it all.

Yeah, I can't described how i struggled painting that Dude, it's a rather standard figure but it took me years... brain blockade engaged.

• Yeah, although there are options in that kit, they don't do much for posing and so essentially anything from that kit looks more or less the same. I am trying to sculpt my own alternative Beast along with adding some bits, but like many of my projects, that stalled a long time ago LOL

I think you should hand sculpt your own too. Make it so!

• Jo!

I had a computer break down, which made things weird the last couple of weeks.

Finished a big bunch of Plague Bearers (25) the ever cute 6th ed Plague Bearers and some recent plastic sculpts. The plstic ones are good in perspective of modularity, though when in comes to character the older metal ones win by miles. They painted up all nice and easy but the sheer mass was kinda intimidating and led to some delay. So I did not finished them in April as planned... better late than never i guess.

Can you spot little Squig?

36-horde-o-plague-bearers

Horde o' Plague Bearers Horde o' Plague Bearers

More Pics in the gallery :)

Also finished up the weathering on 30K Morty and 30K Typhus formerly known as Calas Typhon

Mortarion Primarch of the Death Guard

Calas Typhon

While painting up all the Plague Bearers I finished along with them the 3 Bloat Drone and Riders - need to take some proper pics. All in all I got something done off my backlog. But yeah there is still way to much in the cabinet :(

Enjoy and stay tuned. As always feel free to share your thoughts on these Dudes.

Love & Peace

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!